Special Educational Needs (SEN)
What are special educational needs?
Your child may have special educational needs if they need more help to learn than other children of the same age. They may also have difficulties with one or more of the following:
- Paying attention and listening
- Playing with others and being sociable
- Understanding and reading
- Talking and writing
- Controlling their behaviour
- Sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school
As of September 2014 the government require schools to produce a local offer as to what they provide in school. We have consulted with our parents and school governors on this and our school local offer information is found below.